Friday 15 October 2010

Snowbombing: Live Brief

I got in touch with the guys at Snowbombing to catch up and see if they were still interested in getting some work from me. Got a reply and then got sent this brief...

____________________________

Hi Mitch

First job for you. This is our current facebook logo for the Snowbombing group.

We are going to be launching our first live acts next Wednesday. We therefore want an updated graphic to get people excited about this.

Copy Brief:

Top:

Snowbombing Logo with dates (as before)

Additional Text:

First Live Acts Announced 20th October

Book the best beds Now for only £100

Additional Text 2:

Snowbombing Shortlisted for Best Overseas festival.

Vote Now uk.festivalawards.com/

Bottom:

CheckSnowbombing.com

For full details

Pictures:

I have attached a few photo options.

What else do you need from me? I have also attached an example another freelancer sent me, which is NOT what we want.

Let me know your thoughts.

Thanks Mitch,

Alex

__________________________________


Along with the email was a file attached with a selection of photos from last years festival, the logo and an example of a design they had been sent in which they didn't want.

So I managed to bash out a few ideas...

(development goes from left to right)








I already have a good idea of the style Snowbombing use / have (context) so I felt confident i could produce something they would like and be happy using. Where I found problems was using the colour schemes of grey, black, blue and white specially with certain parts of the photos as they are pretty much either white - snow, blue - sky or a dark colour. But yeah finding the right ways to put the copy in the right colours and keep with the style was a bit of a challenge at times. Kept in mind the hierarchy of the thing and how I thought it should be read. Overall it didn't go too badly i feel, got it made in just under 3 hours which seems a long time I guess but if I do get more work from these guys Im sure i will get quicker at it.

My final proposed design...






Now just waiting to hear back from Alex to see if he likes it and whether they'll use it or not! Whether I'll hear back from him today I dont know.

No comments:

Post a Comment