Saturday 9 October 2010

Crit Feedback

The recent crit I found fairly helpful, at this moment in time no one really has a body of work to show in terms of their own designs instead it was more a matter of really nailing and setting in stone our briefs.
What came up I believe with each person was the issue of outcomes and actual deliverables and the principal of range-context-distribution. It came up with me which I was a little annoyed about as in my head and on all my lists / brainstorming material I have been focussing on what ranges my designs can be spread across, finding new and innovative things to do with them but because in my briefs I hadn't specified any final outcomes in terms of range etc I think it came across as though I hadn't thought about it.
My reasoning behind not having any of that on my briefs is because I wanted to leave them fairly open and not set in stone at this early time, what exactly I will create in terms of range and distribution etc.
Instead during the design process for the briefs I would come up with appropriate ranges and contexts for each product.
However it was advised, well rather I was told to have on my briefs the products / ranges I will create for each brief.
At first I didn't fully agree however after some thought on the matter I see now that doing so would be helpful as it would essentially save me time as I could just pick up any brief and see the list of what I have decided to do and just bang on with it. Instead of thinking for ages what I could be doing.

Updated briefs to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment