Sunday 24 October 2010

Crit Feedback

Generally the crit went fairly well, I feel I prepared well showing some strong development in one of my briefs. However I was concerned with the progress of my other briefs as I don't feel I'm as far as I should be with them.

From the formative feedback sheet:

Problem Analysis

- I have a good understanding of my deliverables and target audiences, also an 'excellent' documentation of work.
However I need to commit to specific outcomes for my other briefs as I have done with my first brief (Most progressed brief). Notably my second brief, visual identity for a record label. I have specific outcomes, the 6 logos and a proposed website but I also have business card and 'appropriate stationary', It is this that I really need to pin down and specify exactly what I intend to produce.

Contextual Understanding

- Good range of research, clear interest.

Design Development

- Good exploration within second brief (record label) however it is time to focus in on the better ideas, ones with more potential and develop them further coming to an end point!

Additional Comments

Concerning my first and most developed brief. When designing the rest of my illustrations build the body of work up evenly. Instead of building each illustration to a finished point and moving to the next drawing. Do all the drawings at the same time, then vectorise them together etc


Discussion

Gave a chance to go over the feedback given and go into more detail, and for me to ask questions...

. Came up that I need to organise and tag my blog a bit better, making it easier to navigate through the work.

. I need to decide on atleast one competition brief, even if I just pick a few up and do one a day.

. Need to experiment with how to present board designs, whether using Photoshop to digitally place it on a board etc

. Also play with stickers, vinyl or white paper - from asked question.

. Came up that I should find out where and who prints onto boards, would it be possible for me to go visit or even have a few day placement. Good start for some research.

. Been told to get rid of the big drips on the front board design.

. Also advised to look into existing boards but specifically looking at when they use the same image on the front and bottom of the board, see how its been done, what is possible etc

. Told to work on text on label, change Futura, consider leading and choice of case.

Few things to work on, time to make a list bitch.

No comments:

Post a Comment