Monday 4 October 2010

Snowboarding Brief

I managed to scan in some of the quotes that would fit into the a4 scanner, took one and played / experimented with it see whats cracking...


I cheated and live traced it, but again this is essentially an initial idea if it sticks I will either use a tablet or trace it myself, we shall see! From here I wanted to treat these designs as if they were for poster designs, then from making them look sweet in that context transfer them to the frame of a snowboard.
So I wanted to play around with digital text, adding in the name of the rider...




It wasn't till these designs that I found something that could work, leaving the design above the centre so to focus the viewers eye firstly onto it, then having the bottom as a margin for the riders name... More playing with this layout,



So coming to a close with that, The above three I think would be how I'd leave it, well one of them. I showed them to a few people, notably housemates and they preferred the more minimal, plain solutions, think I agree. It could be something that changes each time I look at it, will just have to wait and see.

An important aspect of this idea is the colour scheme, I think each rider will have a specific colour. Which will be chosen from anything I can find which leads to me think they like that colour. OR considering the quote itself, for example, Chocolate & Wine would be brown and a deep red.

Some colour experimentation, Looked into the rider, Leanna Pelosi and found she had a bit of green on her outfit and board...


Just a different idea...


Think its an interesting / different way of doing it, not sure on the shape of the speech bubble like, reminds me of Japan. Not that thats a bad thing, just not relevant in any way.
Speech marks perhaps? Why not design custom speech marks, win.










No comments:

Post a Comment