Saturday 9 October 2010

Module Proposal

Dissertation Title:
The Helvetica story: Past, Present, Future.
Why has Helvetica become so dominant considering the amount of similar typefaces available?

Dissertation Tutor:
Toby Juliff

Rationale:
To produce type based solutions for clients & subjects that I have an interest in and passion for, designing across a range of formats & media. I also want to keep having fun with the work I'm doing throughout the year.

'Type based design over a range of formats and media for fun & interesting clients'

Statement of Intent:
I intend to produce work for snowboard & music related subjects, both being areas of high interest to me and things that I am very passionate about. My negotiated briefs therefore will be based around these, splitting them into 3 areas, snowboarding, music and a combination of the two. This not only means I am designing for who I want to but will increase the fun aspect of my work, creating for the things I love.
I also intend to design across both digital & print and therefore will be attending both the print and digital workshops. By doing so developing my skills in both areas.
To begin i intend to work on my negotiated briefs as equally as possible, taking two days at a time for each one. Although this means that it will take just over a week to have worked on all 4 of the briefs I think at present it will be an effective method of organising my time. I do believe however, that this my change, depending on how comfortable I find working that way and whether each brief develops at the same pace as each other.

Brief One:

Last Words
-Design a series of board artwork for the K2 Snowboard pro riders

Brief Two:

I've got this mate called Josh
- Design and produce a visual identity for a new, up & coming music label

Brief Three:

It's like Ibiza in the snow
- Design some form of a holiday brochure for next years Snowbombing festival

Brief Four:

Snowbombing Live Brief (TBC) / Competition Brief, (TBC)


(For full written briefs see next post)

No comments:

Post a Comment