Tuesday 2 November 2010

Brief Two

Logo development - NDNR

This logo was giving me some grief, up until now I wasn't convinced with any of the designs I had so I did some more research and found some logo books in the library and casually flicked through, making note of designs I liked / effective & appropriate logos / relevant to music. (Context)
From doing this I made another list of new ideas for the logo and also some suggestions on how to develop and tweak my existing designs. Then got on with producing these ideas and what not


Playing with making the logo / letters look 3d, giving it depth. Something that would make a logo stand out from a crowd.

This one below is one of my favourites, an interesting idea i feel but would need touching up if I choose to take it any further, which is dependant on feedback from the label owner and DJ's.






Taking some inspiration from one logo i found which resembled the formula for chemicals / the things in periodic tables.



Playing around with Helvetica, surprisingly!



When I last spoke to Josh, label owner, he wanted the logo for the label to feel more professional and clean, then making the DJ logos more fun / colourful. I personally want something more than just NDNR, so keeping in mind with what Josh wants I think the idea above is a nice compromise perhaps, again I need to take these designs to Josh and Co, get some feedback on them and find out what they like, then carrying on and developing it all further.


NDNR

No comments:

Post a Comment