Monday 29 November 2010

5 Logos

Finally got to a finalised stage for all 5 logos.
Each one might need a small tweak here and there, but this will come at a later stage, when I begin to really use these logos and start designing and printing the onto an array of products.

Firstly, the label,
No Dice No Risk.
The reasoning for the look of this was a mixture of some initial ideas I had, feedback from the client (label owner) and a lot of experimentation. Took me quite a long time to get it down to this, a bit too long I think. However saying that Im really happy with what it's become, simple and clean but not boring, visually engaging, something more than just initials or the words. Which I feel a logo for something like this should be. It can also be simplified to just the words in the brackets, for example when printed small say on a business card the smaller text isn't legible, wheras on a larger scale, letterheads / website it shall be fine and readable.
Helvetica, standard. So many companies & brands, big successful ones at that use Helvetica, it makes sense for me to use it really! Hand in hand with my dissertation.






DJ Tigger.

Fun, playful, smiles all round, suits the personality of the DJ to a tea, and hes ginger - colour choice. Successful representation of what I wanted. Will need slight tweakings to make even, concerning the black border. Hand Drawn typeface, taken from American baseball style fonts.


DJ Rawree

Big, dark and dirty. Much more specific to the music this DJ plays, hard bass driven music. Raw. Solid. Another hand drawn typeface, another chance for an alphabet.

DJ Unkle Filth

Fun, varied bit electro funky vibes in terms of music. This logo also took a lot longer than expected A lot of time gone in, and I believe with a few cheeky tweaks, it will be perfect, finally got it to a standard as I pictured it in my head. Hand drawn custom type, with more time I would make an alphabet from it.


DJ Crutch (Me)

Im a world class DJ dont you know. This was the quickest of the logos, as I was designing for me I knew what I wanted, taking inspiration from graphic artist Silo. See context. Bold, prominent, bit of fun! Friendly. Again another hand drawn typeface, alphabets galore.

Although they took a lot longer than I originally thought I believe the wait was well worth it. What I have are 5 logos, all of a strong quality, I feel. All being approved by peers and more importantly the client and DJ's themselves. Furthermore 4 of which using original drawn typefaces, which given the time I would extend into 4 seperate typefaces.

No comments:

Post a Comment