Tuesday 28 September 2010

Business Card

I came up with an idea the other day for my business card that really fits in well with my design decisions for this year of concentrating on snowboarding as a main subject.
Instead of having a regular size business card that if done well, someone may keep in their wallet, my business card will be a sticker that will fit in a wallet but also be something to stick on a snowboard / skis. As it's well known borders love stickers. It's become the done thing for boards to be head to toe in stickers, influenced by the pro's and their sponsors.
For example Im out on my seasons, give the some boarder my business card, boom sticks on his board. Something a bit different and unique and I think effective within my context.

First idea I had for the sticker was to be a 'Hi my name is' sticker (see below) Thought might look quite good on a board, so had a go at that.



Spent an hour or so creating this, came out with something that I could have used but I wasn't 100% confident with it and I didn't get a strong reaction from people I showed.
So I moved on and tried some new ideas.

Started to work with the personal identity design I created over summer, having a general idea of the sticker paper being clear, having a solid easy cut shape for the sticker base but whatever works well on the sticker.
Took the personal identity and looked into how it could be framed, what shapes suit best? How can I fit the necessary information and personal details?

Also played with use of colour, and the 'no-signal' TV thing, I just really like that composition.
Think it looks quite nice with the block style typography but not suitable for text to be put over it, so I moved on from this.
Back to the simple shapes as frames, taking what I thought would look best, keeping in mind its situation on a board! Came out with the below, think it had a lot of potential so I took it further,
Adding a fourth square, same dimensions as the ones used in the type, played with the composition , arrangement of text and what the text was...


Tried using some humour and comedy to showcase my personality a little more,


These were ok, but I need to think of it as being international and some of it may not cross the language barrier!
Went back to just including the specifics and playing with the comp and layout


TaDa. This is the final one for now, simple, bold, effective!?
So this will be printed onto clear sticker paper, having the white text show through whatever the sticker is stuck too. Then able to keep in wallet, stick to a board or anywhere desired!
Photos of context and application to come...














No comments:

Post a Comment