Tuesday 7 September 2010

Work Placement / TwentySixDigital

Munki


Was given a very open brief, to propose a website design for this guys clothing brand, Munki.
The guy had apparently come to 26 and come woth some crazy plan of having a warehouse with 12 different clothes stores in it, one of them being Munki.
I was just given a logo, which wasn't great! with the slogan 'Be a little cheeky' and told nothing of any style or design that the guy wanted other than Munki is similar to high street shops as topshop / H'n'M etc.
So after a lot of research and general idea bashing I came out with this homepage...


I wanted to go for a clear and clean look, black and white imagery with a single bright easy colour to lay on top of the monochrome stuff! Thus having a little cheeky colour!
Few bits of detail, the main photo is a flash image changing to the one below, as is the 'Be a little cheeky' design on the right of the page is a flash image, changing in colour.



After designing the home page I started on the mens and womens page, keeping the same layout for each one, having 4 different link options for different areas of clothing, jeans to t shirts etc


From here I moved on to designing the blog, this is something that pretty much all other clothing brands have on their websites so I thought it would be wise for Munki to also have one!




I had a go at creating one of my proposed flash images for the home page,





Its obviously supposed to loop like, but i think it would sit well within the page, suiting the tone of voice and target market.

No comments:

Post a Comment