Thursday 23 September 2010

Five Things

Do want to,
__________________

* I want to create typographical based solutions to my briefs

-Not that I want to stay clear from imagery & illustration but typography is an area of designin which i hold a strong passion and interest for.

* I want to design snowboard artwork

-I have a strong passion for boarding and is something that I would like to put my hand to. I also focussed on snowboard designs in a typography project last year, where I looked at whether there is use of grids within any board designs. Ultimately I would be working on something that I love.

* I want to work for clients & subjects that I have an interest in and passion for as well as clients that hold a strong sense of style, these mostly being within the culture sector. For example, Music, fashion & Media

-By doing this I will be more likely to enjoy what I'm doing resulting in effective and appropriate work. Furthermore there would be more chance and room to be creative and innovative with the work compared to something that is solely functional and well, boring.

* I want to work over a range of media, taking designs over as many forms as possible

-From this I will get the most out of my own design, pushing my work forward, finding new and innovative ideas. The factor of something new and or different plays a big part of this, as I wouldn't want to create the same product over and over again, for example just creating websites all the time or just leaflets.

* I want to work freelance on an international level

-After Uni I intend to go and do a few seasons, possibly starting off in France, then over to America and onward to Canada. It is in these areas that a lot of clients I would like to work for are situated thus the seasons being a very good means of networking and building a list of contacts for possible freelance work.

* I want to have freedom with the design and creative aspect of any project / brief

-This way I can do what I want and not have the client prescribe to me what they think is good and effective.

* I want to produce an interesting and aesthetically pleasing Info-Graphic

- I have a strong interest in info-graphics and I believe there to be a lot of room to be creative and innovative with them.

No comments:

Post a Comment