Thursday 20 May 2010

Calendar Development




Showing my progression and decisions within designing the back of the calendar.
The first thing I did was play around with the circle shape, as one point that came up from the last crit was that it looked like pool balls, I can see the connection so i thought id see if i could change it a bit, however i wasn't happy with whatever i produced so i shall just dismiss it, i dont see it being that big of a deal!
It was quite awkward for a while, trying to split it evenly into 4 sections whilst keeping the flow of the design. I wanted it to read easily, for the eye to casually flow down the piece the way i want it to. I think iv got it down, the last image shows what iv done to the original, firstly extending the black down the middle, then spacing each row slightly apart. Making this change i then had to re-assess where the month and info details would go, it also left me with a space at the top which to me looked bare left alone.
The last image shows kind of where i've got to at this point, what im going to try is keeping the bottom of the calendar as it were originally, as i feel it reads better, so that is my next step.

No comments:

Post a Comment