Tuesday 7 December 2010

Coverwrap Development

The idea is to take the different typeface resolutions of the same quote and create a nice big collage of type. There are a lot of examples of them in the design world, some being on my context blog, but when done well they look sick. So this is the process I went through to create one of my own...



I was going to need something more then type in the composition, some extra bits of design to seperate all the type and create some form of sections within the piece.
After looking at some different forms of imagery, note the Nitro circus type. I came up with the following...

Adding more type variations of the quote, doing my best to keep the layout and comp of the quote varied and not repeated at all if possible.
Adding more extra bits, stars, circles, lines, dash marks etc! Looking pretty good if i don't say so myself.
And the final design for the type bit!
Adding the context of the concept, search for, Musical, mythical without equal.


Was then given some interesting advice of try and re make the Metro title to fit in with the rest of the design, so...
I tried it like this,
I'm not sure about it, I don't necessarily think it's much better or worse? Im not too sure, I think if i keep the original Metro title, the assurance of the audience knowing its the Metro, more people are likely to pick it up and read it as the trust is there.


Fancy shots of the design...





Thats the front done. Now for the back I was just going to have it blank, but I've been thinking of having some form of countdown. As these will be released during the first week of each month up until April I could have each one slowly getting closer to the date, next job: design a countdown.

No comments:

Post a Comment