Tuesday 29 June 2010

Personal Identity / Six

Looked through my blog and noticed that everything is pretty much Helvetica. I'd like to think im not a one trick pony and I do enjoy times when i create things without using that bastard typeface.
Something I've always liked (within typography/design) is block typography. However Im under the belief that there isnt a whole lot of use for it! As mostly it is hard to read, because of this I've never seen fit to use it within my design work, but logo's / type as image is something deffo applicable to it.
Good example below...possible album artwork / poster.




So looking at the block type fonts I have installed...
I like some of the letters here and there, but I think I can create some better variations.
Had a play...



Took the parts I like and took away the parts I don't and got this result,





Then took the idea of adding a scenic picture to fill the type. Chose a more personal image to me, picturesque snowy landscape, where I feel I truly belong!







No comments:

Post a Comment