Saturday 26 June 2010

Dissertation

Started the reading / research phase of my dissertation yesterday. Starting with the book below, Story of a typeface, Helvetica Forever by Lars Müller. An interesting read on the history of the typeface, how it was designed and all that jazz.


Came across this in the book, a cover for an 'information brochure', was surprised with the design considering it was made in the early 60's, strong, bold and in my eyes beautiful design right there! From this I went to make my own version for my dissertation, title page perhaps.






Starting off with my proposed, short hand title of my essay, seemed too little within the page, my favourite out of these would be the top design, with the right bottom alignment. Sits comfortably on the page like that, in line with the end of the Helvetica*.
Went on and tried using most of the actual title of the essay...


Think i prefer using the longer title, preferred design again being the right alignment.
Looking at it closely during designing it, saw that I could include some of the personal identity work I've been doing, so threw that in there,

Alternative title?


No comments:

Post a Comment