Sunday 11 October 2009

Summer Postcards

The first postcard I have to create is a full colour photograph or illustration.
From looking through my collected photographs one that stuck out was an image of my couch at home, as it appeared that my summer consisted of a few things, working, drinking, working and sitting on my couch after work! 



But the actual photo is quite boring and is not something that id want to use. 
After bashing a few ideas around in my sketchbook and not getting anywhere i looked through an Ikea catalogue and collected images of couches from it. 


I liked the composition of these images i was collecting, having a simple image of a lounge and also a mixture of black, white and colour text. So i thought id create something like this!


 


My mind set was to show my kind of lifestyle compared to the clean, stylish lives that were being shown and sold in the Ikea magazine, thankfully my new lounge in leeds was already in a state so i took a load of photos from numerous angles focusing in on the couch including the the mess of the room!




Finally chose this photograph, as it included the majority of the mess on the table, the couch, another couch and leaves an appropriate space in the bottom left hand corner for my text! 


My next move was to decide on what text to have, the ones from the magazine were, 'Plan your home around THE WAY YOU LIVE home is the most important place in the world' and then there were descriptions and the price of items in the room, 'Karlstad 3-seat sofa with long cover Blekinge white'.  
As i was showing my lounge and essentially my lifestyle, i chose to include the text, 'Plan your home around THE WAY I LIVE' and also show the price for the beer on the table, '24-Pack Carling £18.00'



This was my final outcome, using the same principles as the Ikea catalogue, white text in an open area, i think its worked well for essentially something that is just mocking Ikea and its full colour so it bides by the rules, win.  

No comments:

Post a Comment