Monday 23 August 2010

Work Placement / TwentySixDigital

Started today at the fine studio! Its a really chilled out place and the guys i met were all sound as! Didn't really know what to expect from the placement, but thought it went well as far as first days do.
Was given a brief which made me poo a little, I shall upload the brief itself at a later date but essentially the brief was from the company, Planet. The company have a sister-company, who have a website which is an online community for teachers allowing free membership and free resources for lessons to download.


The brief,

To come up with a fun and innovative internet viral, game/piece to promote the Planet brand and to gain more members for the online community.

For the first time, i think ever, i just completely blanked and couldnt think of anything! Nothing came for a few hours, after some deep internet-age and some advise and links from the guys there I ended up with a few different ideas / possibilities for it!

My problem with the brief i thought is that firstly I was unaware of what a viral was, I thought i knew what it was but it seemed like I just wouldnt be able to make anything like that! As for me a brilliant example of a internet viral is this...



I'm here to design like! Not create a piece of comedy and historic gold!
One bad bit of the brief i found also was that the client wanted it to be distributed via facebook, which would be a silly idea in my eyes, as it would only be connecting with existing members!
Then i was directed to something the client had pointed out as an example of what they were looking for, just a smaller budget.



So then i was like, what! I cant make shit like that! So after much thought and general idea bashing for a few hours I came up with some better potential filled ideas. Taking the main stance of, well i will either have a finished product at the end of it, or i will have a storyboard or some kind of proposal idea!
Plans and ideas to follow...

No comments:

Post a Comment